Operations Working Hours: Full-time, 40 hours per week
Reporting Location: Remote position but within Appalachia region (WV, OH, KY, VA, MD, PA).
In person availability may be needed in rare circumstances at the local office in WV.
- Prepares and analyzes sales and collections reports
- Investigates and reconciles billing discrepancies and implements effective strategies to minimize overdue accounts
- Provides regular updates on accounts receivable status and collaborates with cross-functional teams to streamline billing and collections processes, ensuring optimal cash flow management.
- Supports the Finance team in month-end and quarterly closing activities and completion of related balance sheet reconciliations.
- Prepares regular financial reports for management review and presenting data effectively
- Performs revenue recognition process according to Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP)
- Responsible for overseeing joint billing process between internal and external entities
- Strengthen and grow relationships with residential and commercial clients by working with sales team and communicating with customers regarding past-due accounts
- Ensure strict quality control standards are held and that invoices are in compliance with customer contract agreements
- Maintains and updates the general ledger with accurate financial data
- Assist with audit preparation and questions from the auditors
- Attend regular meetings to facilitate cross functional communication
- Perform special strategic projects at times
- Other duties as assigned
What will make you successful:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Confident in using business systems and process (Excel, CRM, ERP, etc.)
- Ability to work independently, and also collaboratively in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to anticipate work needs and interact professionally with customers.
- Superb time management and detail orientation
- Experience in driving process improvement
- Construction accounting a plus
Education and Experience Requirements
- BS/BA in Accounting, Finance or related field
- Minimum of 3 years of accounting and/or bookkeeping experience; preference being given to those with experience in billing and collections