This position is a grant-funded project with the Alliance for the Economic Development of Southern West Virginia (Alliance) to build awareness and onboard college students via an online portal (Handshake) thus enhancing opportunities and partnerships with industry.
The Career Navigator will:
- Conduct outreach with Alliance institutions encouraging students to sign up on Handshake. This includes virtual meetings, attending career fairs, conferences, etc.
- Develop promotional materials for the online system for each Alliance institution.
- Deliver written, verbal, and electronic presentations in coordination with each institutions communications department.
- Answer questions from students regarding the system.
- Facilitate meetings with school administrators, student organizations and other community groups both virtually and in person.
- Work collaboratively with the Advisory Council made up of Career Education and Career Services Departments across higher education campuses in Southern WV.
- Assist students in exploring career options by providing additional career resources as needed.
- Track the number of student account activation and profile completions for each institution.
- Keep metrics for reports and presentations.
- Assist with the annual #WVSolutions Seekers Statewide Student Leadership Conference and Small Communities, BIG Solutions Conference as needed.
- Advance career pathways by building relationships with post-secondary partners, community organizations, career readiness organizations, city and county municipalities.
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a hybrid position.
Salary Range: $38,000 – $40,000
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
Required Experience: 1-year experience in Workforce Development, Communications, Marketing, Education, Counseling or similar experiences. Must be able to perform all essential job duties as outlined in the job description.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred Experience: Knowledge and experience in Communications, Business, Education and Career Placement. Knowledge and experience in Handshake. Self-started who is ambitious and can work effectively independently and part of a group. An individual who is passionate about West Virginia.