This position is a grant-funded project with the Alliance for the Economic Development of Southern West Virginia to make connections with industries to increase student opportunities and build awareness of Handshake. This position will strengthen the workforce pipeline in Southern West Virginia providing students with access to experiential experiences statewide.
The Industry Engagement Coordinator will:
- Conduct outreach to industries in West Virginia encouraging them to host internships and register and post positions on Handshake
- Research and build relationships with industries to enhance career pathways in West Virginia. This includes conducting meetings both in person and virtually to discuss workforce needs.
- Manage student experiences via Handshake to ensure the timely fulfillment of industry positions.
- Develop and manage a process to track industry engagement to fill in the workforce gaps and continuously expand experiences listed on Handshake.
- Develop strategies for effective management of industry relationships.
- Submit weekly reports on industry agreements and postings.
- Help keep program metrics and prepare grant reports as requested.
- Develop promotional information regarding the online system.
Attend industry events, conferences, job fairs etc.
- Deliver written, verbal, and electronic presentations.
- Approve new employment opportunities in Handshake.
- Assist with the annual #WVSolutions Seekers Statewide
- Student Leadership Conference and Small Communities, BIG Solutions Conference as needed
- Other duties as assigned.
This is a hybrid position.
Salary Range: $40,000 – $42,000
Required Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
Required Experience: 1-year experience in Workforce Development, Communications, Marketing, Education, Counseling or similar experiences. Must be able to perform all essential job duties as outlined in the job description.
Preferred Qualifications: Bachelor’s Degree
Preferred Experience: Knowledge and experience in Communications, Business, Education and Career Placement. Knowledge and experience in Handshake. Self-started who is ambitious and can work effectively independently and as part of a group. An individual who is passionate about West Virginia.