Generation West Virginia is looking for a Fellowship Coordinator. The Fellowship Coordinator will manage program logistics and operations in order to execute the strategies of Generation West Virginia’s Fellowship program, furthering our mission of attracting, retaining, and advancing young people in the Mountain State.
The Fellowship Coordinator will report to the Fellowship Director and will work with other members of the Generation West Virginia team, including the Communications and Outreach Manager and Operations Director.
While access to Charleston is important, this position can be done remotely, anywhere in West Virginia.
About Generation West Virginia
West Virginia is one of the few states in the nation with a declining population. In confronting this reality, one thing is very clear: the state’s future depends on its ability to become an ideal destination for young talent.
Generation West Virginia (GWV) is the statewide organization dedicated to attracting, retaining, and advancing young people in the Mountain State. We achieve this by:
- Developing and sustaining an activated, diverse network of young people
- Providing accessible programs and educational tools that empower and inspire young leaders
- Identifying and communicating the priorities, motivations, and needs of the next generation of West Virginians
- Supporting West Virginia’s workforce needs by connecting young people to jobs and opportunities in the Mountain State
About the Fellowship Program
Generation West Virginia’s Fellowship is a yearlong program where Fellows work, live, and give in West Virginia. During the fellowship year, Impact Fellows:
- Learn from change makers who once stood in their shoes and are now blazing new trails across West Virginia;
- Work on meaningful service projects conceived and executed in local communities;
- Experience adventures around the state with their cohort of peers; and
- Receive professional development training that will grow their skills both professionally and personally.
At Generation West Virginia, we are working toward a vision of West Virginia where challenges are seen as opportunities, young people are drivers in our state’s future, and the Mountain State is a destination for young talent to live, work, and thrive.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
The Fellowship Coordinator will:
- Execute program strategies and tasks under the guidance of the Fellowship Director
- Manage the planning and execution of key events throughout the fellowship program cycle including fellowship orientation, fellowship graduation, retreats, etc. This includes occasional retreat facilitation support as well as managing facility and tech needs, scheduling guest speakers, booking accommodations, meals, and activities, creating itineraries, and serving as a main point of contact for Fellows on event-related logistics
- Update and maintain program files and records, including fellow database records, contact information, retreat planning documents, and program data both during the fellowship year as well as post-graduation
- Support the work of the GWV Communications and Outreach Manager. This includes supporting the recruitment of Fellow applicants to ensure all necessary printed and online materials are up to date and informative, collecting and drafting fellow success stories and testimonials for marketing and communications use, etc.
- Work with Fellowship Director to execute an annual admissions process, including coordinating and communicating schedules and logistics with interviewers and interviewees and updating and organizing applications and rubrics within the Salesforce database.
Experience and Skills
- Experience in event planning and project management within a budget
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Attention to detail and organization
- CRM (Customer Relationship Management) database experience, particularly in Salesforce, is preferred
- Nonprofit experience preferred
You’d be great for this role if you’re:
- Organized: You can manage multiple projects, prioritizing appropriately to support the organization and your team. You create clear systems and processes to manage workflows.
- Goal oriented: You value executing a plan that works to meet the strategic goals of our programs and organization.
- Efficient and detail-oriented: You live in the tiny details to make sure a plan is executed without a hitch. You like coordinating details and schedules on a clearly defined timeline.
- Collaborative: You understand that the best way to make our organization and programs successful is by working collaboratively with your supervisor and with team members across the organization.
- Forward-thinking: You care about and believe in West Virginia. You are honest about the challenges we face, but you know a future that reaches beyond “we’ve always done it this way” or “it’s good enough” is not only possible, but already happening.
Salary, Benefits and Where You’ll Work
The starting salary for this role is $40,000 to $45,000. GWV provides a great benefits package including, but not limited to, 100% of dental, vision, and health insurance, paid maternity/paternity/adoption leave, and flexible paid time off. GWV’s primary office is located in Charleston, West Virginia. However, as a statewide organization, we have staff located all across the state and our day-to-day operations run remotely. While access to Charleston is important, this position can be done remotely, anywhere in West Virginia. Travel for this position will be required, and mileage reimbursement is available. Monthly weekend retreats both in-person and virtually will also be required.
Applications are due May 13. Apply at the link below, where you will be prompted to submit:
- Contact information
- Cover letter
- Three professional references
Generation West Virginia is an equal opportunity employer.