Organization: Pallottine Foundation of Huntington WV, Pallottine Foundation of Buckhannon WV Report to: Chief Executive Officer
Status: Full Time, Exempt
Location: Huntington WV
Pallottine Foundation of Huntington, WV: Established by the Pallottine Missionary Sisters in 2017 following the sale of St. Mary’s Medical Center, the Foundation’s Vision Statement is: Impelled by the love of Christ and anchored in His Gospel, the Pallottine Foundation of Huntington, West Virginia, will continue the caring legacy of the Pallottine Missionary Sisters in the Tri-State region – physically, emotionally, and spiritually. The Foundation’s Mission Statement is: Through the support of transformative health initiatives that empower all individuals to lead lives of optimal health, self- reliance, and self-respect, the Pallottine Foundation of Huntington, West Virginia, strives to foster systemic and collaborative impact in our community.
Pallottine Foundation of Buckhannon, WV: Established in 2015 by the Pallottine Missionary Sisters, it is the vision of the Pallottine Foundation of Buckhannon that communities in Buckhannon, West Virginia and surrounding areas will maintain healthy lives – physically, emotionally, and spiritually. It is the mission of the Foundation to support initiatives that promote healthy lifestyles and transformative change in the community. The Foundation supports nonprofit organizations who inspire healthier choices for the communities of Barbour, Lewis, Randolph, Upshur, and Webster counties through their passion, determination, and innovative programs.
As an integral member of a small-staff team, the Director of Finance and Operations (DFO) is responsible for the day-to-day operations of the accounting, business, and administrative functional areas for the Pallottine Foundation of Huntington and the Pallottine Foundation of Buckhannon. Under the direction of the Chief Executive Officer (CEO), the DFO participates in the recommendation, creation, and administration of accounting and operational policies, procedures, and processes in support of the Foundations’ missions.
❖ Essential duties:
- In collaboration with the CEO, develop and monitor the Foundations’ budgets for presentation to the Finance and Investment Committee and Board of Trustees. o Coordinate with contract accountants and provide accounts payable, receivable, banking, and credit card information on a monthly basis. Prepares payable checks for CEO approval and signature.
- Coordinate with contract accountants and provide information for tax returns and annual audits or reviews, including tax and audit schedules, as needed.
- In collaboration with the CEO, prepare financial statements, reports, and other related materials for distribution for distribution to the Finance and Investment Committee and Board of Trustees.
- Analyze grant applicant financial documentation to ensure compliance with Foundations’ financial criteria and provide financial-related assistance to applicants and foundations’ program team members, as needed.
- Review all Foundation team member expense reports and credit card statements for accuracy and required receipts, for final CEO approval.
- Ensure all accounting policies follow the Foundations’ Accounting and Procedures Manual guidelines.
- Assist the CEO, as requested, with the management of the Foundations’ investment portfolio accounts and its investment consultant relationship.
Operational and Administrative Management:
- Oversee general office operations including building, custodial, supplies, printing, and other vendor contracts.
- Oversee the Foundation’s Information Technology platforms, including implementation of best practices and protocols for the management of Foundations’ databases, and IT security.
- Maintain strong operations and procedures that maximize efficiency and operational budget, collaborating with CEO and Foundation team members to respond to changing priorities.
- In collaboration with the CEO, monitor Foundations’ insurance needs, working with insurance brokers to ensure proper coverage.
- In collaboration with the CEO, analyze annual employee benefit selections provided by Foundations’ Professional Employer Organization (PEO), Justworks.
- Monitor all Foundation team PTO balances, utilizing the Foundations’ Professional Employer Organization (PEO), Justworks.
The ideal candidate is highly organized, likes managing multiple projects with demonstrated ability to work independently in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, meet multiple concurrent deadlines, has excellent communication skills, enjoys working with team input, and has the following:
- Bachelor’s degree required; bachelor’s degree in business, accounting, or finance preferred. • Minimum seven to ten years’ relevant experience required. Experience in nonprofit and/or foundation sectors strongly preferred.
- Demonstrated competency with QuickBooks Online (nonprofit version preferred), Microsoft 365, Adobe software, and data management systems.
- Strong organizational skills, attentive to details and deadlines, ability to prioritize and handle multiple assignments.
- Ability to work independently as well as cooperatively with the Foundations’ team members. • Exemplary communication skills, including ability to communicate financial and budgetary details to grantees and applicants in both written and oral format.
- Appreciation for and proficiency in working with people of diverse backgrounds and experiences.
- Genuine interest in the nonprofit sector, especially as it relates to the health and human service needs in the 25 counties served by the Pallottine Foundations.
Expected of All Staff:
- Personal value system congruent with the values of the Pallottine Foundations.
- Maintain relationships/memberships in appropriate professional organizations and participate in conferences and meetings to further professional and skill development. • Assist in special projects or other duties as determined necessary; willingness to cross-train; and contribute as requested/needed.
- Travel, as required, in the PFH and PFB catchment areas.
HOW TO APPLY
The Pallottine Foundations are committed to the recruitment, selection and development of employees based on individual merit. Our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all people without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, or disability.
Qualified candidates are encouraged to email a current resume and thoughtful cover letter to: Laura K. Boone, CEO [email protected]