Position Summary and objective
The Real Estate Project and Financial Coordinator will help to support the work of Revitalize
Appalachia, the team responsible for the community-based real estate development capabilities
of Coalfield Development. This activity includes numerous projects at various stages of
development across Southern West Virginia – and includes a variety of community, commercial,
and affordable multifamily housing uses. The Real Estate Project and Financial Coordinator will
help ensure that Revitalize projects are consistently meeting critical funding and progress
milestones on a regular basis.
- Analyze projects to develop budgets for pre-development and construction stages.
- In support of the Senior Director and Chief Real Estate Officer: manage financial and
legal due diligence for active projects- including the creation of proforma and financial
models for internal and external uses -including underwriting.
- In collaboration with Senior Director: manage active grants that support pre development
and construction projects being undertaken by Revitalize – including reporting, data
collection, and overseeing record-keeping.
- In collaboration with the Senior Director: draft applications to various funding entities- including local, state and federal agencies; foundations; and financial institutions.
- In collaboration with the Senior Director and Chief Real Estate Officer: assess feasibility of potential projects by conducting applicable research and data analysis.
- Coordinate analysis of financial data, including project budget-to-actuals: for use in reporting with internal stakeholders, funders and grantors.
Competency – knowledge, skills, and abilities
- Ability to independently problem-solve, manage responsibilities, and prioritize tasks
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills to collaborate across teams and manage relationships with external stakeholders and project partners
- Proactive and able to juggle multiple project deliverables
- A good sense of humor, a willingness to learn in support of the Revitalize mission
- Ability to lead on project management responsibilities and ensure that projects meet deadlines and budget
- Familiarity with financial, data, and feasibility analysis, especially in relation to real estate development and construction project settings
- Ability to monitor budgets and project schedules
- Familiarity with the real estate project development process – including collaborative work across teams that include community stakeholders, design and legal consultants.
- Ability to understand procurement processes and negotiate contracts for professional services based on project needs and scopes.
- Proficient with computers, email, Microsoft Office, Google applications and standard office equipment (phone, copier/printer, scanners, etc.).
Work Location and Hours of Work
- The Coalfield Development Main Office is located at 2923 Park Avenue Huntington,
WV. Revitalize Appalachia offices are located at 1040 Vernon Street,Huntington WV.
- The normal work week is Monday through Friday from 8:00 AM to 5:00 PM.
However, given the nature of this role – attendance at events may require work after
normal hours. Coalfield allows exempt employees to request & use flextime.
Environment Conditions, Physical Activity, Physical Demands
- Light lifting (up to 25 LBS with or without accommodation).
- Must be able to drive, work seated or standing at a desk and/or computer, and navigate
various project sites – including those in active construction.
Travel and Transportation Requirements
Candidates must provide reliable transportation to their primary work location and other
locations as required. Travel expenses (excluding commutes) may be reimbursed per
Coalfield’s policies and procedures. Coalfield has a limited fleet of vehicles and frequently
carpools to minimize travel burdens on employees. A valid driver’s license and annual
completion of our drivers safety course is required in order to drive a Coalfield vehicle.
Required Experience and Education
- 2 years minimum professional experience in project management, financial analysis,
and/or community-based real estate development.
- High school diploma or GED
Preferred Experience and Education
- Associate or Bachelor degree in related field
Additional eligibility requirements
Coalfield Development Corporation provides equal employment opportunities to all employees
and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without
regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected
veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic
protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring,
placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of
activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties,
responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Background or drug test
- Candidates for this position will be required to pass a drug test as a condition of employment.
- Candidates for this position will be required to have a background check as a condition of
- We conduct background checks to ensure the safety and security of our employees and
partners. However, we understand that everyone has a past, and we believe in second
chances. We evaluate each candidate case-by-case and consider the offense’s relevance to the
position, and the time that has passed since it occurred. We are committed to fair chance hiring
and empowering employers to fairly assess their candidates’ history.