Title: Waterfront Hall Bar/Cafe Manager
Parent Organization: Milestone Event Co. DBA Waterfront Hall
Location: Wheeling, WV
Job Type: Full-Time, Staff, Salary
Compensation: $40,000 – $50,000+ Depending on Experience
Reports to: Dan Milleson
The Waterfront Hall Bar and Cafe Manager will oversee the operation of the first new waterfront bar/restaurant/entertainment environment in generations. This effort will greatly advance Waterfront Hall’s greater mission: building community, providing a home away from home for guests, and creating something purposely difficult to define.
This position reports to owner Dan Milleson who developed the building and founded the business. This is a full-time salaried position with nights and weekends required. Candidate must be willing
to complete required job-related certifications within 6 months of being hired.
A successful candidate will have a background in food service and is a detail-oriented problem-solver and coordinator. How others are treated and the development of a trusting, kind, and loving team will determine success on every level.
Waterfront Hall is a micro food hall, bar, live performance venue, event venue, nightly residence, coworking space, and production company. We are committed to improving community well-being and enriching the social experience of the Ohio Valley (Wheeling, WV).
Waterfront Hall will become a one-of-a-kind city amenity that strives to answer to a simple question: Do I have somewhere other than home or work where I feel like I belong? This mixed-use commercial development began in 2018, when the building was purchased and a
plan to apply for Historic Tax Credits was pursued. Since then, the building has undergone a multi-million-dollar rehabilitation and modernization so that it fully utilizes its waterfront/downtown location.
Waterfront Hall will provide our patrons and clients with an energetic, historic, naturally beautiful, and well-designed environment that makes them feel at home, free to be themselves, and inclined
to have fun.
• Do the Right Thing
• Demonstrate Kindness Always
• Have Fun
Bar and Café Description
Nearly five years in the making, the 1st floor bar/café area of Waterfront Hall is far from ordinary. Occupying one shared space will be two high quality kitchens, a dry bar, wet bar, stage and live performance space, and coworking area. The bar/café manager will develop relationships and provide operational guidance and support
to all these efforts and the people making them.
• Manage Waterfront Hall 1st and 2nd Floor facility, all equipment, interface with and
coordinate staff, tenants, and shared facility use.
• Maintain bar/café scheduling and POS platform with high-level of detail with respect to
weekly staff scheduling, financial efforts.
• Maintain food safety protocols, update food safety manual and keep records for food
storage, equipment and premises in accordance with all Food Safety requirements.
• Maintain WVABCA standards, update liquor safety manual and keep records for liquor
storage, equipment, and premises in accordance with all applicable laws.
• Organize orders and record information on current and future inventory.
• Coordinate with café owners, ensure reliable and high-quality business operations.
• Support business planning, reporting and data tracking
• Utilize Google Drive, Microsoft Excel, Local Food Marketplace or other management
software to efficiently manage inventory, customer orders and invoice information, and
market products to customers
• Assist in marketing, promotion, outreach and education with producers, customers and
• Maintain connections and professional rapport with vendors, customers, the business
community, and other professionals and advocates in the community and keep relevant
records of all Waterfront Hall relationships.
• Maintain good verbal and written communications with owner, staff and external partners
• Food Service Experience – restaurant, caterer, bar or other.
• Ability to attend and complete training for TIPS, ServSafe, and/or other food service
• Logistics Experience – scheduling, planning, coordinating
• Excellent people and conflict resolution skills – so to interact and resolve
• Business Management – Understanding of basic financial documents, Profit and Loss, Cash
• Competencies – Google suite, scheduling applications, POS applications
• Ability to lift 50lbs
• Ability to work nights and weekends as required.
To Apply: Send a resume and cover letter to [email protected]