What to Expect as a Student
Over the course of the six-month program, students are in a virtual classroom over Zoom with their cohort every weekday from 9am–4pm.
Who is it for?
NewForce students come from a wide range of backgrounds: we’ve successfully trained construction workers, school teachers, and retail associates, just to name a few! While most of our students are new to the tech industry, they bring a wealth of experience from their previous careers.
Graduates are qualified to work as junior, full-stack software or web developers and fill positions including software developer, web developer, or mobile application developer. NewForce is open to West Virginia residents only.
Good candidates for NewForce. . .
- Are problem-solvers
- Can work through challenges and don’t give up easily
- Are curious, creative, and love learning new skills
- Can work under pressure and take constructive feedback
- Can work well on a team and like helping others succeed
- Can teach themselves new skills and like to learn
- May or may not have coding experience but want to have what it takes to get hired at a tech company
Who Hires NewForce Grads?
NewForce graduates have landed in both local and national companies. These are a few of the employers that have hired our graduates.
Try Coding [Right Now!]
Try Coding is an introductory mini-course from NewForce. Work at your own pace to build your first app (with help!) to find out if coding is the career path for you.