What to Expect as a Fellow
Over the course of a year, there are nine sessions — five in-person and four virtual. Fellows are required to attend no less than seven sessions, with attendance of all highly encouraged.
- This program is for West Virginians in their 20s and 30s who are ready to take the next step in their careers and grow as leaders in the Mountain State.
- This program is for young professionals that currently reside, or work, in West Virginia.
- Applicants will be required to submit two letters of recommendation along with a copy of their resume.
- If admitted into the program, Fellows are required to attend no less than seven sessions, with attendance of all highly encouraged.
- The GWV Fellowship is open to young professionals in all industries.
We are a firm believer that y’all means all: the GWV Fellowship celebrates and welcomes people of different cultures, backgrounds, and viewpoints. While our program serves individuals across all identities, we encourage and welcome Black, Indigenous, People of Color, and LGBTQIA+ folks to apply.
Costs and Fees
The GWV Fellowship program fee is $2,500 and goes toward covering the cost of the retreats. There is no additional cost to Fellows beyond this fee. All lodging, food, travel, and activities are included in this cost.
Become a Fellow.
If you’re interested in joining a network of young West Virginians eager to forge their paths in the Mountain State, then this program is for you. Subscribe to receive an email when the Class of 2024 opens for applications.